What Causes Bad Breath?
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is fast growing into a huge concern globally. Although it is not life-threatening, it can be extremely challenging to live it. You can’t speak from a close distance without feeling humiliated. The last thing anyone wants is to inhale a horrible smell in the name of keeping a partner. Here, we will identify the probable causes and ideas to remedy the condition.
What Are the Causes of Bad Breath?
Although several reasons could be responsible, here are the common culprits of bad breath.
- Poor Oral Hygiene: The mouth could develop a horrible smell if you don’t adhere to proper oral hygiene. When you don’t brush or floss regularly, it is just a matter of time before the bacteria build-ups result in bad
- Food: Spicy foods, like those containing garlic and onion, can also cause bad breath. Apart from the smell they leave in the mouth, they also enter the lungs through the Thus, leaving a repelling odor in the breath. Furthermore, spoilt foods could also be a culprit.
- Smoking: Regardless of the product, whether cigarette or tobacco, smoking leaves the mouth with an unpleasant Smoking causes dry mouth, which is one of the lead causes of bad breath. Read on to find out how dry mouth causes bad breath.
- Dry Mouth: Saliva naturally helps to remove particles from the One of the side effects of a dry mouth is a stinking smell. This explains why the mouth smells bad early in the morning and when we stay without food for long. That said, dry mouth can be a pathological problem with the salivary glands or other mouth diseases. You’ll find out more details about this in the next point.
- Underlying Health Condition: Apart from a diseased salivary gland, several health conditions can cause a foul mouth odor. When there is an underlying issue with the teeth and gum, there are chances that the mouth will smell bad. If you have bad breath, even with consistent dental hygiene, you may need to pay closer attention to your dental health.
- Medications: Some medications can result in a dry mouth. And as we said earlier, a dry mouth will always Before rushing to the clinic, you may want to confirm that the odor is not a side effect of a medication.
Way to Remedy Bad Breath
- Ensure Proper Oral Hygiene: Brush at least twice daily and floss Using an antibacterial mouthwash and a tongue scraper may be helpful.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking enough water will help you prevent dry mouth and wash food particles.
- Quit Smoking: If you’re a smoker, quitting smoking will make an excellent way to remedy bad
Consult a dentist from Rooted Dental Care for proper examination and care. At Rooted Dental Care, we make use of advanced technologies in providing dental care that is accessible to all. Get in touch today.